Customer / Prospective Customer Privacy Notice (GDPR)
Who we are
We are Numatic International Ltd (referred to in this document as We, Us and Our)
Our registered office address is;
Numatic International Ltd
We are registered with the ICO under Registration number Z5550641
This privacy notice sets out how we use the personal information collected through this website (www.numatic.co.uk), via contact to our sales or support teams by any channel, when you have purchased a vacuum cleaner from us or if you otherwise share information with Us as a customer or a prospective customer.
Throughout this document, where we refer to Data Protection Legislation, we mean the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018), United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any legislation implemented in connection with the aforementioned legislation. When you are based in the EU, it also includes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). This includes any replacement legislation coming into effect from time to time.
We are committed to meeting the requirements of the Data Protection Legislation and we have developed this privacy notice to ensure that you are aware of;
- the personal data we collect about you,
- what we do with your information,
- what we do to keep your information secure, and
- the rights and choices you have over your personal information.
The personal data we collect
We only collect personal information that we genuinely need to provide our products and services to you, your organisation or your Employer and in all cases in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
The type of personal information that we will collect directly from you when you interact with Us will include your;
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Postal / Delivery Address
- Company Address
- Payment or Billing information
If you contact us, we will also collect additional information that will help us to deal with your query; for example details of any issues, your product serial number or accessories you may be interested in. When registering your devices, we collect basic contact information, your product serial number and may also require a copy of your proof of purchase to validate future enquiries.
If you visit our website via an affiliate link, we will keep records of the affiliate link you used.
We also collect information when you engage with our social media channels. Social media offers another way for us to communicate with you, for you to communicate with us, and for you to communicate with others about our products and services. We monitor this publicly available content, as it helps us to understand what people are saying about our products and services, so that we may develop them. It also offers an additional way for us to communicate with our customers and to provide customer service.
We collect limited technical information about your visit to our site, this helps us to better understand how our customers move around, and interact with, this website.
For our NuTrack Service Offering we will collect and store user access information relating to anyone who has access to the system along with their system interactions. We hold this information as a Data processor for our customers and clients – the system Administrators, as defined by the customer, are entirely responsible for managing user access to the system.
Lawful basis for processing your personal data
We will only ever process your personal data if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are;
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide permission to process your data for a particular purpose. Please note, if we are relying on your Consent you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or using the opt out link in any emails that we send to you.
- Legitimate Interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way and to manage our Dealer Network.
- Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime.
- Vital Interest – This is where we need to process information to protect someone’s health/
You have a number of Rights under the Data Protection Legislation. If you would like to exercise any of these rights you can contact us using the contact details in the “Contact Us” Section.
You rights under the Legislation are –
The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy notice gives you this information. Additional information may be provided to you by your Employer if they share information with us.
Right to access your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within one month from the point that we are able to confirm your identity. We will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. In some cases we may hold information on behalf of your employer, in which case you will need to make the request to your employer directly.
Right to correction your personal information
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can ask us to correct it.
Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. For example, this may be because you have issues with the accuracy of the data we hold or the way we have processed your data. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Right to erasure
You have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
Right to portability
The right to portability gives you the right to receive personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. It also gives them you the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller.
Right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of some or all of the personal data that we hold about you. This is an absolute right when we use your data for direct marketing but may not apply in other circumstances where we have a compelling reason to do so, e.g., a legal obligation.
For more information about your privacy rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal information to;
Answer any questions that you have or to follow up with you on any enquiries
If you contact us through email, phone or through our website we will use your information to answer your questions and to correspond with you.
Process your order and facilitate any returns
- We will take payment card details to process payments made to us, this is then processed by our chosen payment processors
- If you pay via invoice we will use information in order to provide invoicing to the correct individuals at your organisation
- We will use your address to deliver your purchases to you and to facilitate any returns
- We will use your contact information to keep you up to date on the status of your order.
Manage our relationship with you
Once you are a customer we will use your information to
- keep in contact with you about your order or request
- request feedback from you about your purchase through third party review sites that we work with
- keep a record of products you’ve purchased
- notify you of any changes to our terms or this privacy notice
- understand the products and services that you may be interested in
- to provide to you the services that you have asked for.
To manage you through the Sales process.
Before you are a customer we will hold any information you give us in our Customer Management System to keep track of our sales interactions with you.
In some cases we use publicly available company information in order to get our message to the most appropriate individuals.
Manage and improve our business and our interactions with you
We will use certain personal and technical information to:-
- analyse, understand and report on our consumer base and our online interactions with you
- understand the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns
- develop new products and services
- secure our network
- investigate and respond to service or security issues
- to administer our website
- to meet our legal and regulatory obligations
- to continually improve our products and services
Manage and maintain information for your warranty/product registration
When you register your device, we will use your information to maintain an accurate record of any warranty that may be applicable.
To promote our products and services
We will use your information to send you promotional material that we believe will be relevant to you or your business.
You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time using the unsubscribe link in our emails or by contacting us.
To manage competitions and giveaways
We periodically run competitions and giveaways on our social media channels, including Facebook and Instagram. Your information will be used to administer these competitions/giveaways, including notification of whether you are a winner and delivery of your prize.
To Prevent and Detect Crime
- We use your account information, order history and payment history to assist in monitoring for fraudulent transaction.
- When you register an account, or contact our call centres we use your account information and previous purchase history information to assist in confirming your identity.
- We use device identifiers and IP addresses in fraud prevention and investigation, and to maintain network and data security.
How long we retain your personal data
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service and to evidence the actions we have taken on your behalf.
In line with the Data Protection Legislation we only keep your personal information for the length of time we need it to
- Deliver our services to you
- Meet our Business needs
- Meet our legal obligations
Who we may share your personal data with
In some circumstances we may need to share your personal data with third parties in order to
- Provide you with the service that you have asked for,
- Meet our legal obligations,
- Run and manage our business,
We may share your personal information with;
- Law Enforcement or other public authorities that require us to release information
- To any organisation where it is necessary for us to establish a legal claim or to defend ourselves against such a claim.
- Our professional advisors including accountants, legal professionals or insurers
- Payment services providers who process payments on our behalf.
- Delivery service companies who deliver your goods to you.
- Providers of ancillary business support services such as Information Technology services (as a processor on our behalf) including providers of Telematics services for our devices through our NuTrack service.
- Marketing service providers (as processors on our behalf) including organisations that help us communicate with you.
- Product feedback companies to request product feedback from you.
- Any organisation in the event of the sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or disposal of our business. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law]
- Distributors around our group of companies where appropriate for your order or service
In all cases we
- only provide the minimum personal information that each party requires to carry out their duties
- only disclose personal information to organisations who we have a contractual relationship with or have an overriding legal requirement to hold the information
We partner with the Arwin Group to help us with our Affiliate Marketing online and to ensure that we make the right payments to the right affiliates. Information on how this network operates can be found in their privacy notice at https://www.awin.com/gb/privacy
International transfers of personal data
In some instances your personal information may be processed outside the UK and the European Economic Area.
If and when this is the case we take steps to ensure there is an appropriate level of security so your personal information is protected in the same way as if it was being used within the UK or the EEA.
Where we need to transfer your data outside the UK or EEA we will use one of the following safeguards:
- The use of standard contractual clauses in contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries or
- Transfers to a non-EEA . UK country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA / UK
How we protect your personal data
Data security is of great importance to Us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information that we Control
At a high level we have put the below measure in place:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we have determined are entitled to be there;
- Implementing access controls to our information technology;
- All our employees and agents who have access to or are involved in the processing of personal information are contractually obliged to protect the confidentiality of personal information;
Our websites may include links to external websites operated by other organisations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. We cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and we do not accept responsibility for those websites.
Changes to this Policy
How to contact us
If you would like to
- exercise one of your rights as set out above,
- have a question or a complaint about this policy, or
- have a question or complaint about the way your personal information is processed
You can contact us via our Contact Page.
The information that we gather from you online is predominantly collected through small files placed on your hard drive, called cookies.
You can disable cookies from your browser and delete cookies that may already be stored on your computer at any time. Details of how to do this can be accessed from the “Help” menu of your browser. Please note that if you do choose to delete or disable cookies, this may prevent you from being able to access all features of our online channels, such as online forms and payments.
The cookies we use are categorised into three types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are required for certain features of our online channels to run. For example, online forms and payments. Enabling these cookies will give you the best user experience.
These cookies collect information about how you use our online channels. The information collected includes which areas of our websites you visit, if you make a purchase, and the details of that purchase. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous, which means we cannot identify you from it.
These cookies enable our online channels to remember your preferences. For example, any font choice, font size or colour scheme you may have set. These cookies also collect information such as your geographic information, to ensure that, where relevant, you only receive information appropriate to your area. We are not able to identify you from the information collected by these cookies.